Welcome 2018 In With a Good Home Cooked Meal
Warm up this winter With some homemade soup my mom loves to make this because it so delicious and fun to make!
With The New Year Here I am Going To Be Creating a Guide to my Favorite Recipes.
There are a big variety of beans in the soup
Northern, Pinto, Large Lima, Blackeye, Garbanzo, Baby Lima, Green Split, Kidney, Cranberry, Small White, Pink, Small Red, Yellow Split, Lentil, Navy, White Kidney, Black Bean, Yellow Eye.
You can pick and choose what you want beans to add.
Serves:6 Prep-time:3.5 Hours Cook-time:6.5 Hours
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 cup diced celery
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 can diced tomatoes (14.5 oz) fire roasted works best
- 1/2 cup of spinach
- salt & pepper to taste
- Parsley for garnish (optional)
- Rinse beans and remove any floating shells.
- Soak for 3 hours
- Rinse and drain
- Sautè Onion Until Soft
- Place beans, onion, pepper, celery, garlic, vegetable broth, water, and carrots in a 6 quart slow cooker.
- Cook on high 5-7 hours or until beans are tender.
- Add red pepper, spinach (optional) and tomatoes.
Cook for an additional 30 minutes.
- 1 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 5 tablespoons vegan butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat your oven to 400, and lightly grease a 8″ x 8″ pan.
- In a large bowl, add everything together
- Stir until just combined. Don’t over mix it. Pour into the greased pan, and spread evenly with a spatula.
- Bake 20 – 25 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool for at least 15 minutes before slicing.
This Corn Bread Would Be Delicious With My Chili Recipe as Well!
The new Year is Here Eat Some Black Eyed Peas For Luck And Have A Good Day!