The greater part of the formal dinners that I get ready for friends or at work incorporate a soup course.
For example, we start with homemade
tomato soup , Thanksgiving with squash soup now for any occasion potato soup to warm up this time of year!
From my recipe card to your stock pot
Here’s what you’ll need
- 1/3 cup of beef stock
- 5 1/2 cups of water
- 5 Lbs yellow onions
- 3 Lbs russet potatoes
- Peel and chop the onions and Caramelize. (best done in a Stainless Steel soup pot) Heating and Scraping and Heating and Scraping….. Reduce the onions down until you have basically a brown lump of Goodness.
- Add 4 cups of water to deglaze the the pot, and start to simmer the onion rue.
- Peel and rough cut potatoes into qmedium chunks, adding them to the pot.
- Fill pot with enough water to cover potatoes by around two inches.
- Bring to a full boil, stirring occasionally so that the onions don’t “stick”.
- Reduce heat to a rapid simmer, again stirring occasionally, until the potatoes start to boil and thicken the soup. Now simmer until whatever consistency you desire is reached.
- In a separate pan heat beef stock until low boil
- Stir in heated Beef stock slowly
- Season to taste with fine ground black pepper you can even add a little cream & salt.
As with any soup, it is better made the day before, and let to rest over night.
Serve with a hearty bread and butter, even sprinkle with some cheese after bowled.
Do Not Freeze!
This is so delicious 😋
As always be amazing