“Calling all cars calling all cars!” I did a survey on my Twitter page and wanted to know from an unbiased opinion whether people liked soup and mashed potatoes better or hamburgers and fries.
Clearly the general public chose hamburgers and fries so I decided to put my Classic Family Twist on it so without further Ado let’s dig in!
1 lb of beef
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 cup of oil
3 slices of medium cheddar cheese
1 table spoon Red pepper flakes
1/2 romaine lettuce
1/3 cup of bbq sauce
1 cup flour
4 pickle chips
- Get out of your hamburger and The Mixing Bowl
- Put the hamburger and barbecue sauce and smoked paprika in the bowl and mix thoroughly
- Form into patties top of salt and pepper
- Next slice your onion into rings and set aside
- Heat your cast iron skillet to medium-high
- Sear the burgers about 5 to 6 minutes on each side or until golden brown
- Mix flour and red pepper flakes
- Lightly coat the onion rings in flour and red pepper flakes mixture cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until crust is crunchy
- Add condiments to the top and bottom buns
- Then layer the hamburger patty the cheese, the onions and pickle
Now to make the fries!
- cut each potato in half the long way,
- lay the cut side flat on the cutting surface and cut into 1/2-inch to 1/4-inch slices.
- Stack these slices and cut into the same width sticks.
- Repeat with remaining potatoes.
This Delicious Dish is Inspired By My Mom!