Why not throw a fork into this next recipe?
Its simple, Easy and Cheap and so good! 🍴
My mom and I came up with this meal on a dime and is now a favorite.
Prep:10 Cook:8 Total:18
What you need:
3 cups of chicken chopped up
1 1/2 cups of your favorite salsa
1 cup of mild shredded cheese
1 package of Flour tortillas (yes it matters)
As many toothpicks as flatas your going to make (used to pin the flatat closed while frying)
Preparing the flatas:
- use a wide mouthed bowl to mix the salsa into the chicken
- Get the flour tortillas out and place the coated chicken inside sprinkle desired amount of cheese.
- Roll it up! With the chicken in the center grab the bottem part and fold it over the chicken now fold in the sides and roll a final time this is where you need to pin the flatas so the good stuff don’t ooze out!
Cooking the flatas:
If you have a cast iron skillet available but any skillet will do over medium heat (375) just enough oil to coat the bottom of the pan.
- Place the flatas in the pan about 3-4 at a time
- Cook about 4 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- Cook a additional 3 minutes
- Place flatas on parchment paper when finished to drain any remaining oil.
- Top flatas with cheese immediately after frying to melt cheese.
- Transfer to Serving platter and enjoy
- Store leftovers(what leftovers?) in a airtight container for up to 5 days
Serve with refried beans
Personal tip: I like to heat up my can of refried beans in a skillet with a little oil, Garlic&Onion.